When I woke up in the Intensive Care Unit hooked up to a life support machine, missing my legs and severely broken body, I knew my life would never be the same. When I returned home and faced the devastation of what this crash brought me to, it felt as though every part of my being wailed begging someone to tell me that what I was experiencing was not true. When people learned about the tragedy, I kept hearing their thoughts – the car accident broke my destiny.
But I could not accept it. And I refused to agree with it! I told them that my destiny would be the way I wanted it, and not how this crash planned it. I would break limitations, break through those obstacles and create a new life. I trusted that with God nothing is impossible, no matter how hopeless it seemed.
Today I praise my God for the inner strength and His blessing – my life has completely transformed! I could not even dream of how the Lord blessed my new life. Rejoicing at this, I want to reach your heart and ignite hope.
Please hear me, it’s not the hurt or betrayals that broke into your life or the devastation that you faced what ultimately will create your destiny. But, it’s God’s will for your life and your choices what you do with all that happened will have the last say about your destiny.
You are the conductor of a symphony called Life. God gave us the notes and the instruction on how to create a beautiful melody. He also gave us the freedom of a choice what we are going to do with those notes and instructions. Now, it’s our personal choices that will create a melody of our lives’ symphony.
• To believe and not to believe
• To follow God’s instructions and a choice not to (in other words to improvise your symphony)
• People with whom we choose to spend our time and have friendships or, who we choose to be our second-half
• To stop our certain activities or end relations with someone before it’s too late and a choice not to do anything about it
• What we do with the time given to us. Will we use the time to achieve something or will we waste it?
• To take advantage of opportunities and a choice to let them pass by us
• To fight for our happiness and a choice to go with a flow and remain idle
• To be a victim and blame someone/something for our unhappiness and a choice to accept the responsibility and be determined to create the life that we desire no matter what
• To listen to the fear or possible disappointment and a choice to trust and take that chance
• To listen to the inspiration and act on it and a choice to push it aside and do nothing
• To make an effort and a choice to do what’s easier
• To be committed and persevere and a choice to quit when your motivation fades away and it becomes difficult
• To love, to forgive and a choice to hold on to your bitterness
• To help someone and a choice to ignore
• To never give up and be unstoppable no matter how hard it gets, and a choice to give up
All these choices… By making your choices you conduct your symphony called Your Life. By sharing my experiences in my book and every time I speak, I want to inspire you to be careful and thoughtful when you make your choices. I don’t have all the answers to many questions about destiny. But what I do know is that our own daily choices and decisions create subsequent events and ultimately direct our destiny.
Sometimes one choice – one single decision – can literally direct our life journey in one or another direction. Also, consistent choices we make compounded over time deliver their results as well. They may seem insignificant because at the time they make no radical difference in your life. They may not even appear like choices. But they are. And, those little choices repeated on a continuous basis over time soon will deliver their results. Every time we decide to do or not to do something is a choice.
We stand at the crossroads many times in life. They might not even feel like crossroads; yet, they are, because by making a decision we go to the left or to the right. Therefore, before you make those choices or make a decision, ask yourself where your choice will bring you ultimately.
There are many things I don’t understand about God. And I do not claim to understand everything in the Bible. But I know the Lord and He knows me. I’ve learned that our destiny will greatly depend on whether we choose life in obedience before the Lord God or life according to our own lusts, desires, and ways. What I do know is that living in a righteous way before the Lord God and trusting Him wholeheartedly at all times is going to bring a much more secure, fulfilling and purposeful life.
Deuteronomy 30: 19-20: “I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live; that you may love the Lord your God, that you may obey His voice, and that you may cling to Him, for He is your life and the length of your days.”
We all have choices, and we are going to have what we choose. So, I invite you to take a deep breath with me. Choose life! Let’s continue on creating the lives that the Lord has called us to live.
Life is not a rehearsal. You get to do it only once.
Always remember, it’s not what people do to you or what happens to you that ultimately will create your destiny. It’s God’s will for your life and your personal choices what you are going to do with all that happens what will create your life’s symphony.
Make it beautiful! ✨✨✨